Ron and Marsha McCaslin

Ron and Marsha McCaslin

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry I missed a few days. I haven't missed reading, just had trouble logging on to blog. I am still amazed with the content of these chapters. How can the authors gather so much clear explanation about love? I am convinced this is the best I have read by far. The other thing that amazes me is that they deliver it in such brief segments. I can't wait to study the next chapter each day, and this week sure did not disappoint me. For instance, day 24, love vs. lust... says lust is in opposition to love. It means to set your heart and passions on something forbidden. It's time to expose lust for what it really is - misguided thirst for satisfaction that only God can fulfill. Then, day 25, Love forgives... says forgiveness has to happen, or a successful marriage won't. This is the area of marriage you have to get good at. And then today, day 27, Love encourages... deals with expectations being unfulfilled. Divorce is nearly inevitable when people refuse to allow their spouses to be human. So there needs to be a transition in your thinking. You must choose to live by encouragement rather than expectations. Near the end of the chapter, the author asks, Don't you want married life to be a place where you can enjoy free expression of who you are, growing within a safe environment that encourages you even when you fail? Your spouse does too - and love gives them that privilege. This is really good stuff. Let's keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment